Want to know more about how your HVAC systems works? Why does your AC unit likes to act up sometimes? You’re in the right place for explanations! Keep reading about our top 5 HVAC questions and answers.
Why is my AC not turning on?
There could be a number reasons as to why your AC system is not turning on, but here are the answers we think are the most prevalent:
- Double check to make sure the thermostat is set to the “Cool” setting. I know this seems obvious, and self-explanatory, but it happens!
- A power surge is another reason why your AC may not be turning on. The AC system has blown a fuse or circuit breaker.
- The condensate drain needs to be blown clear. Call your air conditioning company to do this for you.
Why is my AC blowing warm air?
- The system may be low on refrigerant. This also means that your system has a leak, in which case it’s time to look into replacing the unit.
- The filters haven’t been changed regularly. A dirty air filter will prevent your system from performing at optimum efficiency.
- Lack of AC preventative maintenance. HVAC maintenance is an essential part in maintaining your systems efficiency.
Why is my AC unit so loud?
- Leaves, sticks, or other debris in the vents of the condensing unit.
- There’s an issue with the fan motor and needs replacing.
- Is the unit itself hissing? This is an indicator of a refrigerant leak and should only be handled by HVAC professionals, like us!
Why is water dripping from my AC?
- A dirty air filter restricts airflow to the evaporator’s coils, causing the coils to freeze, and water to spill out of the condensate drain pan.
Why is my AC freezing up?
- Blocked air flow. When your home’s airflow is restricted, there’s no air moving through the AC system to keep the condensate on the coil from freezing. The culprit? A dirty air filter. Regular air filter changes will minimize the chances of this happening.
- Refrigerant leaks. You can temporarily solve this by having your HVAC company top off your refrigerant levels, however, it may just be time to upgrade your system.
We hope that you find these questions and answers beneficial when it comes to your HVAC system! We’d love to answer any other questions you may have. Give us a call at (817)-313-4985 if you’d like to schedule an appointment with us. Please post any comments or questions below!